Spring is here and it’s time to get your home ready for the changing weather. The following tips will help ensure your home is ready for the warmer months ahead.
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts: Clogged gutters can cause water damage to your roof, walls, and foundation. Clean out leaves and other debris, and make sure downspouts are directing water away from your home.
- Inspect the Roof: Check for any damaged or missing shingles, and make necessary repairs to prevent water damage.
- Service Your HVAC System: Schedule a tune-up for your air conditioning system to ensure it is running smoothly and efficiently. Clean or replace air filters to improve indoor air quality.
- Check Windows and Doors: Make sure windows and doors are properly sealed to prevent drafts and reduce energy costs. Replace worn weather stripping, and repair or replace damaged windows.
- Maintain Your Landscaping: Trim trees and bushes to prevent damage to your home and property, and clean up any debris from winter weather.
- Pressure Wash Exterior Surfaces: Remove dirt and grime from exterior surfaces, including siding, decks, patios, and sidewalks. This will improve the appearance of your home and protect surfaces from damage.
By taking these steps, you can ensure your home is ready for the spring weather and protect it from potential damage. Enjoy the season and have a great time getting your home ready!